JOB TITLE: Assistant Quality Control/Lab Technician
REPORTS TO: 111 Brewery Production Manager
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION: The Quality Control/Lab Technician is responsible for managing all facets of the Marble Brewery laboratory and the quality control program at the 111 Marble Brewery facility. Inherent in this responsibility is managing the laboratory and its equipment and supplies in such a way as to enable the success of Marble’s quality control program to ensure only the highest quality beer is produced and packaged.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining all yeast cultures through accurate and timely testing procedures designed to detect contamination and viability of the culture.
- Responsible for monitoring all active fermentations and performing quality control tests at various times as is necessary to ensure beer is made to all applicable specifications.
- Using lab equipment to perform microbiological plating as necessary to identify yeast activity and cell count or to identify contamination.
- Taking and tracking readings of dissolved oxygen content in the beer at the various stages of fermentation and packaging.
- Preparing a weekly quality report to be distributed to and reviewed with the brewery management team on a weekly basis.
- Tracking and analyzing quality control data to identify trends and patterns and suggest improvements in brewery processes.
- Regularly communicate to the entire brewery team issues that arise or problems that are discovered so that corrective action can be taken in a timely manner. Demonstrate problem-solving skills and work to increase the production of quality beer.
- Develop new skills and learn new processes as necessary and as technology is developed or introduced that will enable more accurate quality control in the beer making process (e.g., statistical process control; new testing machinery or processes).
- Utilize the GroupMe app or other designated group communication tool to facilitate efficient communication across the entire brewery team.
- Experience in a laboratory or quality control environment.
- A passion for and knowledge of the quality control process.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who is a self-starter but who can also accept direction; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Technology proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and comfortability using mobile sales applications.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a self-directed position that requires the employee to efficiently accomplish the primary objectives independently and with very little day-to-day supervision. The Quality Control/Lab Technician will often work alone but will sometimes work on teams to understand issues, troubleshoot problems and learn new techniques and processes related to producing quality craft beer. This job does require set hours and days and the work week will overlap with other Quality Control/Lab Technicians to ensure continuity throughout the production week.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The Quality Control/Lab Technician should be able to and be comfortable with climbing ladders and stairs, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds containers of beer or chemicals, using a microscope, working around chemicals, using a hand truck and lifting heavy objects on a regular basis and standing for extended periods doing repetitive tasks such as distilling or sampling.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
JOB TITLE: Custodian (Part-Time)
Location: Marble Heights Taproom- 9904 Montgomery Blvd NE, 87111 & Marble Westside Taproom- 5740 Night Whisper Rd NW 87114
REPORTS TO: Pub or Taproom Manager
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION: The external and internal appearance of Marble’s public spaces is a reflection of Marble and its employees. The Custodian is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the assigned Marble taproom and related facilities in a professional manner. The Custodian must be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the taproom in time for opening for service in a way that supports the taproom staff in providing guests and visitors with a high-quality experience that enhances the Marble brand.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take on other day to day activities necessary to keep the Pub or Taproom running smoothly and efficiently as assigned by management.
- Work with all levels of management in providing a superior Taproom experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a part-time position working in a bar environment. This position requires the employee to perform repetitive physical work such as sweeping, mopping and wiping as well as the ability to follow verbal or written instructions and the ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds. The Custodian must be able to squat, twist, bend and kneel while using tools and performing assigned tasks. This job requires a fixed weekly schedule of ___am to ____am seven days per week.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The Custodian must be able to stand for extended periods, be able to move furniture and cleaning supplies and equipment, be able to sweep and mop, be good with people and be capable of independent thought and communication.
- REPORTS: None.
Team Marble is made up of the same eclectic and free-spirited non-conformist community that inspires us every single day, and we are just as driven to attract, retain and develop our employees as we are to creating better beer and more interesting flavor combinations for our discriminating and loyal customers. In addition to competitive compensation, Marble is proud to offer a full suite of benefits to eligible employees including health insurance, Paid time off, a 401(k) plan and of course, free beer!If you are passionate about independent, world class craft beer, please review our open positions and follow the instructions to apply.If there are no job listings posted and you would like to inquire about upcoming Marble employment oppurtunities, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Get In Touch
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.